Good morning Church! I am delighted to stand before you to share the word of God, I am thankful to God and our two elders for giving me this opportunity to preach the word.
Let us pray before we enter to our sermon.
Purpose of this sermon:
- You will live a devoted life to Christ and serve the church.
- You will be faithful to God in every area of your life.
- You will know your role and responsibility in the Church.
- You will know your life priority and fully commit to that.
Let us come to the first point.
- Fully Devoted to the Lordship of Christ.
“They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2: 42.
Apostle teaching: Scripture
Illustration: Little plant in my window.
Important of Devoting our life to Scripture:
1.Psalm 1. fruitful life,
2. You will be successful and prosperous Joshua 1: 9.
3. Bulletproof to fight against sin.
Psalm 119: 11.Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You.
4. Your word is a Lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105.
5. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17. so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Devoted to Fellowship : Church Worship Service.
(koinonia) it means to be as committed to each other as we are to Jesus Christ.
Illustration: Why believers are always happy.
Benefit of Church family.
- We fellowship better together. (1 Cor 1:10)
- We grow better together. (Col. 3:16)
- We Serve better together. (Phil.2:2)
- We worship better together. (Matthew 18:20)
- We reach out better together. ( Phil 1:27)
Application: “Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrew 10:25.
Devoted to Breaking of Bread : Reminding ourselves of the Dead of Christ for our sins.
Reminding every week that we are forgiven and Redeem by the blood of the Lamb.
Devoted to Prayer : Living a prayerful life.
# Elijah was a person just like us, and he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, and rain never came to the land for three years and six months. James 5:17.
# So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him. (Acts 12:5).
Amazing things happen Angel came and released Peter from the prison.
All of us have to live a prayerful life, the church need a devoted man and women who live a prayerful life, we should be a believers who live a prayerful life.
We need to pray more, the church need to pray more.
Prayer will help us to achieve the impossible things.
Prayer will lead us to victory,
Prayer will heal the broken family, broken relationship, broken world.
What we need most at this time is a man and women of prayer.
What we need most is a praying Church.
let this Gathering church be a praying Church.
We need a person like Elijah, you can be Elijah in this generation.
2. Be Faithful till the End.
Ephesian 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
1 Cor 4:2. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
Rev. 2:10. Be faithful until dead and i will give you the crown of life” (Smyrna Church)
In a body of Christ we have different roles to play, example like hand have different role, leg has different role, eye has different role, Nose has different role but all these role are for one purpose to the head which is Christ Jesus. Remember all different roles are equally important in the Lord.
God want us to use the spiritual gift to glorify His name, to achieve His purpose in our life.
Spiritual gift text. Roman 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesian 4, 1 Peter 4, we see God gives spiritual gift to every believers.
Illustration (The parables of the talents) Matthew 25.14-30.
1. This parable teach us that God gave everyone a Talent or gift or skill to serve Him.
2. The parables remind us that this life is not at all about us but our life belong to our Creator.
2.The Parables teaches that we are not all created equal.
3.The Parables teaches that we work for the master, not our own self purpose.
4.The parables of talents shows that we will be held accountable of the talents He has given us.
1. Have you recognise what your talents is? Did you know your spiritual gifts or talents?
2. If yes are you serving God with the talents or Are you Building up your own empire?
3. If you haven’t find your talent we all can help you find your talents.
4. Remember God will ask you, What did you do with the talent (Life) I gave you?
(you are accountable of your life).
5. Are you giving your best service to God with your Talent or Are you Squandering your life.
6. Great lesson from Rich man life Luke 15.
(Wasted his time, money, life, He regrets how he has lived)
1 Cor. 15: 58.
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
John 9:4. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
Beloved I pray that we all as a church will fully surrendered our heart to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and be fully devoted to Him all the day of our life.
Let us be faithful and walk worthy with our calling, we know our life is short on this earth, let us not waste our time anymore, we have wasted enough time, let us awake and arise and give our best to our master Jesus, the night is coming where we cannot work.
This is the best time to serve our living God.
May God bless you and keep you and May His face shine on you and give you peace.